Wednesday 17 December 2014

45 years working in the Harley Davidson Custom World

Dear Fellow Riders,

I would like to introduce you to myself and Yales Motorcycles Parts, you can find us at ymphd.com.

I started riding 48 years ago and opened my first shop in 1970 in Winnipeg Canada, the same year I purchased my first Harley a 1954 Panhead chopper. I was going to buy a Norton Commando but when I walked into Chariot Cycle on Selkirk Ave with a pocket full of cash was told to get lost because they didn’t have time for me.  So I walked 3 blocks to Canadian motorcycle Sales and talked to Right-on Joe who gladly sold me a badass 1954 Panhead chopper and the best part was it was $350 less than the Norton.  This will be a day I will never forget. Shorty Hoffman should me how to start the Pan by retarding the distributor, give it 3 prime kicks, turn the ignition on kick it and hope it starts.  My new chopper had a 14 over Harley Springer with 40 Ford radius rods used to extend it, suicide clutch with an early jockey shift that did not have a ratchet top so finding neutral before stopping was a challenge.  I remember coming to a red light more than one time having one foot on the clutch and the other on the brake and no neutral, which lead to me falling over or stalling the bike.
I have built many custom and high performance motorcycles.   Ran a gas drag race Shovelhead, was on a Top Fuel Nitro burning drag race team.   I have attended many meets long before they were the in thing to do my first year of Sturgis was 1978, Daytona bike, week in 1980, Vtwin Expo and many more. 

Over the years I have been active in the motorcycle world in many different areas.  I have had the pleasure of meeting   and working with many of the great people in our industry like Donnie Smith, Arlen Ness and his family, Dave Perewitz and his family, Marilyn Stemp, Keith Ball, Dave Withrow, Mike Corbin, Gerald Rinehart, Nace Panzica, Tom Rudd, my Hamster USA brothers and so many other amazing people.  This has been an amazing ride working and playing with motorcycles for 48 years.

In 1999 I began chopperscycle.com one of the leading online stores for six years and then I decided to sell the company in 2006,

After getting frustrated of trying to search for Harley parts on the internet I decided it was time to build a new online harley aftermarket, custom and performance store, Yales Motorcycle Parts.com  (Ymphd.com) that offered a great selection but was at the same time very simple to use.  A site were todays Harley rider could not only easily find the parts that they are looking for but also get the advice and  find the answer to any questions regarding their Harley whether repairing, restoring, customizing, building or adding a performance package.

It is my goal to have ymphd.com the source for today’s Harley rider.  Not only will we offer one of the best selections of parts and accessories, but the newest and most currents for your Harley.   We will be there for your questions, tech tips, offer great contests and our own online magazine.

Please check out my site and let me know how you like it!

I am offering a grand opening special of 10% off all products on the ymphd.com site.
Ride Safe
Yale






1 comment:

  1. Very attractive photographs dear, Harley Davidson is a heavyweight motorcycle designed for highway journey. They are one of the most powerful cruiser bikes in the world. People who are adventurous and sporty prefer Harley Davidson motorcycle above all their desires. Harley Davidson since its inception has produced a wide range of its models with Big V twins, Small V twins, revolution engines and single cylinders engine.

    ReplyDelete